Click here to view latest updates
The current floods in Pakistan have been the deadliest and most destructive since the devastating 2010 floods. Millions have lost their mud houses and are in desperate need for assistance.
Among the most badly affected provinces is Sindh, where Hidaya Foundation has been implementing more than 25 projects for over 23 years through our partner organization Hidaya Trust. We are ready and equipped to help in this most dire time.
Hidaya Foundation has acted immediately and transferred Zakat funds towards the disaster relief efforts. We expect this flood disaster to deplete our funds faster than usual due to urgent need and costly projects. Please donate towards Hidaya Foundation’s relief efforts and help us continue our services to one of the poorest and most deserving populations in the world.
Hidaya is working on the following fronts to bring relief in the short term and long term to the affected families with an estimated cost of over $6 Million.
3. Medical Assistance
5. Rebuild a House for Widow/Orphans
6. Rebuild a Masjid/Community Center
7. Rebuild a School
8. Quilts and Pillows
9. Push Carts
10. Sewing Machines
11. Cots for Sleeping
12. School Supplies for Students
13. Farmer Assistance
14. Animal Farming
15. Water Hand Pumps
Support Families Affected By Flooding in Pakistan
Donation in Pakistan Rupees
To donate in Pakistan Rupees, please use the bank account information given below for our partner organization, Hidaya Trust. Your donation receipt will be issued by Hidaya Trust in Pakistan. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, address, and donation amount so they can issue your donation receipt.
Account Name: Hidaya Trust
Bank Name: National Bank of Pakistan
IBAN Code: PK66NBPA0274004036105425
Bank Name: Faisal Bank
IBAN Code: PK58FAYS0330000138671001
Bank Name: Askari Bank
IBAN Code: PK20ASCM0000190100580005
- Locally available vegetables and fruits such as onions, potatoes, tomatoes, banana, and apples are being purchased and distributed to the flood affected families.
- Currently over 10,000 people are being provided cooked food (beef/fish or vegetable biryani) daily. Goal is to ramp up distribution to over 20,000 people daily and to continue distribution for next 2 months. It costs around $50 to cook and distribute a pot of beef/fish biryani (18 kg) enough to feed 90 people. It costs around $25 to cook and distribute a pot of vegetable biryani (18 kg) enough to feed 90 people. Estimated cost for this is $900,000.
- Dry ration containing wheat or rice, chickpeas, cooking oil, soap for hygiene will be distributed to families.
- Ordered 4 containers of Whole Red Lentils (100 tons) from Canada at a cost of $87,000.
- Ordered 40 containers of cooking oil (164,800 5-liter bottles) from Indonesia at a cost of $1,013,108.
- Ordered 3 containers of bathing soap (432,000 pcs) from Indonesia at a cost of $91,800.
- For immediate distribution, tarps in stock and locally purchased are being distributed to affected families.
- To prepare for winter, ordered 6 containers of tarps (24,549 pcs) from China at a cost of $347,553.
- Small tarps (4×6 meter, 180 gsm) and large tarps (10×10 meter, 180 gsm) will be distributed.
- Medicines for fever, pain, gastric disorders, diarrhea, antibiotics, allergies, skin rashes, etc. are been purchased constantly and dispatched to field operations for distribution.
- Feminine hygiene products will be distributed to women.
- In the process of sending around 20 containers of donated winter and regular clothing from the USA to Pakistan via our Container Shipment for In-Kind Donations project.
- Each container will cost around $10,000 to ship and can clothe approximately 6,000 families (8 pieces in each bag).
**Note – If you or your community would like to do a collection drive, please contact us first! Supply chain issues have made it very challenging to get bookings to Pakistan, so a proper plan is mandatory for success.**
- Hidaya supports over 13,000 orphans and over 6,000 widows on a monthly basis with cash assistance in Pakistan. Majority of widow’s mud houses in Sindh province have been destroyed.
- To rebuild a house of 700 sq. ft. at an existing land costs around $4,000 (Rs. 840,000).
- Goal is to rebuild 100 houses at an estimated cost of $400,000.
- To rebuild a 500 sq. ft. load-bearing Masjid/Community Center for 50 people costs around $4,650 (Rs 1,000,000).
- Goal is to rebuild 100 masajid at an estimated cost of $465,000.
- To rebuild a school with 5 classrooms of 320 sq.ft. each and boundary wall costs around $11,650 (Rs. 2,500,000).
- Goal is to rebuild 50 schools at an estimated cost of $582,500.
- With the houses destroyed, the families are faced with a grim winter season ahead. We are planning to distribute 2 quilts and 4 pillows each to around 50,000 families, each set costing around $16 (Rs 3,500). A portion of the quilts will be produced in-house at our female adult center using quilt making machines.
- Estimated project cost is $800,000.
- In order to create jobs and self-employment for people, we are planning to distribute over 1,000 push carts to those affected by floods. Each push cart costs around $200.
- Estimated project cost is $200,000.
- Hidaya has been distributing sewing machines for the last several years to create jobs. We plan to distribute 5,000 sewing machines along with a stand, electric motor, and a chair. Each set will cost around $120.
- Estimated project cost is $600,000.
- For several years, Hidaya has been distributing cots to families so they can sleep comfortably off the ground and avoid rodents, insects and snake bites. We plan to distribute around 5,000 cots to villagers. Each cot will cost around $50.
- Estimated project cost is $250,000.
- Most school supplies of students were destroyed along with their homes. We are planning to provide notebooks, slates, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, etc. to students so they can continue with their education.
- In the process of importing notebooks and stationary items from China. Estimated cost for this is $200,000.
- Most of the crops of farmers have been destroyed due to floods. We will be providing seeds and fertilizers to over 10,000 farmers to regrow their crops.
- A great number of livestock have perished in the floods. We will be providing sheep, chicken and ducks to families.
- It costs around $240 for a pair of sheep and $25 for poultry.
- As families are displaced due to floods, Hidaya will be installing water hand pump in places where people have gathered while they wait for waters to recede.
- It costs around $300 to install a water hand pump.