Donate A Car
Hidaya Foundation accepts donated vehicles in the San Francisco Bay Area, where we have our headquarters. These vehicles are normally prepared and given to community members in need, or may be sold so the funds could be utilized towards fixing other cars or used towards other Hidaya projects.
Please fill out the Car Donation Form completely by clicking on the button below. Upon submission, our team will review the form and get back to you to go over options with you.
Car Donation Form
If you would like to donate Zakat or Sadaqah towards the cost of fixing and preparation of vehicles before giving to deserving families and individuals, please click here to donate towards Car Donation Project.
Please make sure that you submit a completed “Notice of transfer and Release of liability” form to your state DMV within five days.
Kindly be aware that IRS requires the donor to submit an appraisal of the donated automobile while filing for taxes, if the donor is going to claim the donation on his or her taxes. Please use the following links to learn more information.
- California DMV Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability
- A Donor’s Guide to Car Donation (Publication 4303)
- Charitable Contributions (Publication 526)
- Determining the Value of Donated Property (Publication 561)
- Noncash Charitable Contributions Form 8283
- Instructions for Form 8283
- Government Voluntary Vehicle Retirement Program
- Government Voluntary Vehicle Retirement Program (FAQs)