Donate A Car
You can donate your vehicle to Hidaya to help families and individuals in need. These vehicles are either given to community members in need or sold whereby the funds are utilized towards fixing other cars, or used towards other Hidaya projects.
Please fill out this pdf Car Donation Form and save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print and take pic and email, or mail physical copy to us at P.O. Box 5481, Santa Clara, CA 95056-5481. Upon reviewing the form, our team will get back to you promptly to go over options with you.
If you would like to donate Zakat or Sadaqah towards the cost of fixing and preparation of vehicles before giving to deserving families and individuals, please click here to donate towards Car Donation Project.
Please make sure that you submit a completed “Notice of transfer and Release of liability” form to your state DMV within five days.
Kindly be aware that IRS requires the donor to submit an appraisal of the donated automobile while filing for taxes, if the donor is going to claim the donation on his or her taxes. Please use the following links to learn more information.
- Hidaya Foundation Car Donation Form
- California DMV Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability
- A Donor’s Guide to Car Donation (Publication 4303)
- Charitable Contributions (Publication 526)
- Determining the Value of Donated Property (Publication 561)
- Noncash Charitable Contributions Form 8283
- Instructions for Form 8283
- Government Voluntary Vehicle Retirement Program
- Government Voluntary Vehicle Retirement Program (FAQs)