Human civilization as we know it has become disrupted by the Coronavirus Pandemic. As we are starting to witness the impact of fear and panic among people and the hysteria that it can bring, Hidaya Foundation would like to urge all to remain calm and remember that Allah is in charge, as said in Qur’an: “And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones).” [Al Qur’an 2:155]
In these trying times, Hidaya Foundation is providing food, soap, personal protection equipment and more for impoverished families and hospitals in 13 countries.
Please donate towards Coronavirus Relief Efforts, and may Allah (SWT) protect us all.
Relief Effort Updates:
Hidaya is working to support vulnerable populations throughout several countries:
- Pakistan: Hidaya has committed to support over 50,000 families with food distribution. For just $30 you can provide a food package including 25 kg wheat or rice, 5 kg chickpeas or lentils, 5 liter cooking oil, 10 kg fresh vegetables, and 3-4 150 gm soap to a family in dire need. Additionally, women in our sewing centers are stitching masks which will be provided to hospitals, police, and the masses. Also, for the many businesses and shops that are affected due to shut-down of infrastructure, Hidaya will be providing loans to keep businesses going.
- USA: Hidaya has distributed nearly 2,000 N95 masks to local hospitals in the SF Bay Area and is distributing food to over 100 families in need. We have also sponsored efforts of volunteers in Shasta County who are providing food and advocacy for hundreds of at risk working class families due to mass lay offs.
- Bangladesh: Food distribution is being provided to nearly 3,000 families.
- Sri Lanka: Food distribution is being provided to to over 3,000 families.
- Turkey: Food distribution is being provided to 200 families, mostly Syrian Refugees.
- Indonesia: Hidaya supported hospitals and front-line workers in Lampung Province with over 5,000 pieces of personal protection equipment (PPE) for doctors, nurses and medical staffs so they may safely treat patients. Food is also being provided to hospitals.
- West Africa: Food distribution will be provided in Ramadan for about 2,300 families in Cameroon, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
- East Africa: Food items will be distributed to over 16,000 families in Somalia, Somaliland, Ethiopia, and Djibouti.
Black Seed as Medicine for the Ill:
Narrated Khalid bin Sa`d: We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi ‘Atiq came to visit him and said to us, “Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for `Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, ‘This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.’ Aisha said, ‘What is As-Sam?’ He said, ‘Death.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5687)
Encouragement to Wash, at Least 5 Times Daily:
“O you who have believed, when you rise to [perform] prayer, wash your faces and your forearms to the elbows and wipe over your heads and wash your feet to the ankles . . .” [Al-Qur’an: 5:6]
Reasoning for Quarantine:
Narrated Saud: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5728)