Pakistan Flood Relief Accomplishments to Date
- Distributed over 11,000 pots of biryani (over 700,000 cooked meals) costing over $300,000
- Setup mobile clinics and medical camps to treat and give medicine to more than 5,000 patients
- Distributed $250,000 worth of 14 types of winter vegetable seeds and agriculture tools to 40,000 farmers to cultivate over 10,000 acres
- Distributed $1,250,000 worth of wheat seed to over 55,000 farmers to cultivate 55,000 acres
- Sent 114 containers of goods costing over $3,000,000 from various countries containing relief supplies such as: food items (cooking oil, whole red lentil), soap, tarps, blankets, winter and donated clothing, polyester fiber for quilts, tents, stationary for school children (notebooks, pencils, erasers, etc.), steel pipes for making sleeping cots, PP bags for packing food items, fertilizers for farmers, and more
- Procured 2,850 metric tons of rice and wheat costing $1,200,000 and 750 metric tons of jaggery (sugar) costing $300,000 for distributing to over 100,000 families from now and through Ramadan
- Started re-building community centers/masajid/schools and homes of orphan and widow families which were destroyed during floods
Donation in Pakistan Rupees
To donate in Pakistan Rupees, please use the bank account information given below for our partner organization, Hidaya Trust. Your donation receipt will be issued by Hidaya Trust in Pakistan. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, address, and donation amount so they can issue your donation receipt.
Account Name: Hidaya Trust
Bank Name: National Bank of Pakistan
IBAN Code: PK66NBPA0274004036105425
Bank Name: Faisal Bank
IBAN Code: PK58FAYS0330000138671001
Bank Name: Askari Bank
IBAN Code: PK20ASCM0000190100580005
Ongoing Efforts in Pakistan
Click on the thumbnails for more details
- Medicines for fever, pain, gastric disorders, diarrhea, antibiotics, allergies, skin rashes, etc. were distributed to patients at mobile clinics and medical camps
- Feminine hygiene products were distributed to women
Small Businesses for the Poor – Push Carts
- In order to create jobs and self-employment for people, we are planning to distribute over 1,000 push carts to those affected by floods. Each push cart costs around $200.
- Hidaya has been distributing sewing machines for the last several years to create jobs. We plan to distribute 5,000 sewing machines along with a stand, electric motor, and a chair. Each set will cost around $100.
- For several years, Hidaya has been distributing cots to families so they can sleep comfortably off the ground and avoid rodents, insects and snakes. We plan to distribute around 5,000 cots to villagers. Each cot will cost around $50.
- Vegetable seed and hand tools were given to farmers for more than 10,000 acres
- Wheat seed was given to farmers for over 55,000 acres
- Fertilizers are being distriubted to farmers
- A great number of livestock have perished in the floods. We will be providing sheep, chicken and ducks to families.
- It costs around $350 for a cow, $220 for a pair of goats and $50 for poultry.
- Hidaya installed water hand pumps in places where people have gathered while they waited for waters to recede, we are continuing now with regular installations in villages that people have moved back to.
- It costs around $300 to install a water hand pump.
- Hidaya supports over 13,000 orphans and over 6,000 widows on a monthly basis with cash assistance in Pakistan. Majority of widow’s mud houses in Sindh province have been destroyed.
- To rebuild a house of 700 sq. ft. at an existing land costs around $4,000.
- Most school supplies of students were destroyed along with their homes. We are planning to provide notebooks, slates, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, etc. to students so they can continue with their education.
- Notebooks and stationary items have been imported and will be distributed to students.