In 2018, Hidaya supported over 9,300 orphans in 6 countries with monthly assistance (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Guinea, Cameroon)
The following graph indicates the number of orphans supported each month by Hidaya in 2017.
The following graph indicates the number of orphans supported each month by Hidaya in 2016.
Last Update: February 13, 2017.
The following graph indicates the number of orphans supported each month by Hidaya in 2014.
Last Update: January 14, 2015.
No Orphan without Education
1,303 Orphans and 542 widowed Mothers / Guardians are currently receiving stipends every month from $33 to $84 depending on family size.
School tuition and exam fee will continue to be paid by Hidaya directly to the school.
In-kind items such as uniforms, shoes, books and stationary will be purchased and given to orphans time to time during the year.
Approximately 10% of the orphans are attending basic computer classes at Hidaya which include windows, word, exel and power point.
- Installation of Water Hand Pumps at the homes of Orphans who do not currently have access to water in their home.
- Improve the current monitoring system to minimize school dropout of Orphan students.
- Provide Qard-e-Hasana and training to Orphans who never attended school and are now reaching adulthood.
- Arrange separate classes for adult literacy for Orphans who never attended school and are now reaching adulthood.
- Provide vocational training to Widows & Orphans so they may become Self Employed through means such as Stitching/Tailoring and Sewing machines.
- Create a plan to protect children from child labor practices.
- Attend to basic medical problems of Orphan students.
- Focus on and take back to schools the Orphan children who have dropped out or have never attended school.
- In the case there is no school in the village and conditions are conducive, Hidaya may try to start one.
Last update: Tuesday Feb. 3, 2009