Each year for Eid-ul-Adha, Hidaya Foundation performs Qurbani/Udhiya on behalf of our donors, and distributes the meat among some of the poorest people throughout the world. Due to extreme poverty, for many of the recipients, this is the only time of year that they enjoy the luxury of eating meat.
In 2020, Hidaya arranged Qurbani on behalf of our donors to benefit over 50,000 families (over 250,000 people) in 25 countries: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Yemen, Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, Senegal, Benin, Niger, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Mali, Mauritania, Guinea-Bissau, Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Uganda, and Brazil.
This year again, Hidaya Foundation will be performing Qurbani/Udhiya on behalf of our donors in shaa Allah in 20+ countries in Asia and Africa.
Important Qurbani Information
- Cost of Qurbani includes the animal purchase, transportation, animal feed, butcher services, packaging, distribution and other operational costs. Since costs vary from location to location, remaining funds (if any), are utilized for Hidaya’s operational costs.
- Hidaya will perform Qurbani on behalf of donors after all Eid prayers have been completed in the US.
- If you would like to give names of people to be announced at the time of Qurbani sacrifice, please provide the names in the field on the online donation page. If you are sending your donation by mail you can include the names on the check in the memo section or on a separate sheet of paper attached to the check or email us the names at email@example.com.
- The best way to offer Qurbani is to perform it yourself. For those not able to fulfill this obligation, Hidaya assists by performing Qurbani on their behalf.
- Due to the time sensitivity, it is best to do your donations online on our secure website, or by phone so they will be processed instantly.
- Cut-off for Qurbani donations is (tentatively) 7pm Pacific Time on Sunday, July 19th.