Hidaya is currently spending nearly $100,000 each month to support nearly 10,000 orphans under the No Orphan without Education project! Hidaya supports orphans under two projects – No Orphan without Education (in which all educational needs are met), and Widow/Orphan Support (in which all household needs are met). The main objectives of Hidaya’s No Orphan without Education project are to:
- Provide financial support for the basic education of orphans
- Monitor their educational progress periodically
- Remove obstacles that hinder their progress
It costs just $10 per month to educate an orphan in need. All orphans are qualified through a stringent process of filling application forms for each orphan, followed by investigations done at neighborhoods and schools to ensure that all information about the orphans and their care-givers is correct. Various documents including the death certificate of the father, school admission records of the orphan, and national ID cards are acquired before completing the qualification process. Once qualified, the orphans are provided with a monthly cash allowance to help meet their basic education needs so they don’t have to go out to work to make money. To continue receiving this monthly allowance for the orphan, widowed mothers or care givers are required to keep the orphans in school. Hidaya’s project managers make un-announced quarterly visits to schools, to monitor and follow up on the progress of the orphans being supported. In addition to a monthly allowance, orphans may also be provided support through some of Hidaya’s other projects depending on the orphans’ age and location. For example:
- Health care needs are met through Medical Assistance
- Educational needs are met through Spread Education and Support Hidaya Schools
- Dry ration is provided through One Million Meals
- Meat is provided through Sadaqah Sacrifice and Aqiqah
- Water is provided to their households through Clean Drinking Water
- Clothing/shoes/toys are given via Container Shipment Project for In-Kind Donations
- Orphans who are of age are provided job training through Hidaya Institute of Farming & Agriculture, Basic Computer Skills and Job Skills Training
- Orphan girls who are of age and trying to get married are helped through Marriage Support.
Sign up for Automatic Monthly Donation towards this project.
Video of 2016 December Hidaya is currently Supporting Over 13,000 students under the support poor student projects! Hidaya Foundation provides partial or full assistance to poor Students from Primary school to university levels. Be part of the project & watch us update you along the process