When Qadha fasting is required?
- Anything put by force into the mouth of fasting persons.
- Water goes down the throat whilst gargling, conscious of one’s fasting.
- To vomit mouthful intentionally or to return vomit down the throat.
- Swallowing intentionally a pebble, piece of paper or any item that is not used as food or medicine.
- Swallowing something edible, equal to or bigger than a grain of gram which was stuck between the teeth. However if it is first taken out of the mouth and swallowed, it will break the fast whether it is smaller or bigger than the size of a gram.
- Putting oil into the ear.
- Inhaling snuff into the nostrils.
- Swallowing the blood from the if the colour of the blood is more than saliva with which it is mixed.
- To eat and drink forgetting that one is fasting and thereafter thinking that the fast is broken, to eat and drink again.
- To eat and drink after Fajr or to break the fast before sunset due to a cloudy sky or a faulty watch etc. and then realizing one’s fault.
To read more about detailed information on Ramadan, click here…