What can break one’s fast?
- Anything put by force into the mouth of a fasting person
- Water goes down the throat while gargling and being conscious of fasting
- To vomit intentionally or to return vomit down the throat
- Swallowing intentionally a pebble, piece of paper or any item that is not used as food or medicine
- Swallowing something edible, equal to or bigger than a grain of gram which was stuck between the teeth. However it is first taken out of the mouth and swallowed, it will break the fast whether it is smaller or bigger than the size of a gram
- Putting oil into ear
- Inhaling snuff into the nostrils
- Swallowing the blood from the gums if the color of the blood is more than the saliva with which it is mixed
- To eat and drink forgetting that one is fasting and thereafter thinking that the fast is broken, to eat and drink again
- To eat and drink after Fajr or to break the fast before sunset due to a cloudy sky or a faulty watch etc. and then realizing one’s fault
- Eating, drinking or breaking the fast in any other manner e.g. smoking, etc.
- Applying SURMA into the eye or rubbing oil on the head and then thinking that the fast is broken, to eat and drink intentionally.
- To drink any kind of medicine intentionally (Note: INJECTION is permitted.)
To read more about detailed information on Ramadan, click here…