18.0. What things do not break the fast?
- To eat or drink something unintentionally.
- A mosquito, fly or any other object going down the throat unintentionally.
- Dust or dirt going down the throat.
- Swallowing one's own saliva.
- Applying of Surma (kohl) into the eyes.
- Taking a bath to keep cool.
- Rubbing oil onto the body or hair.
- To vomit unintentionally.
- Applying Itr or perfume. It is
not permitted to inhale the smoke of Lobaan or incense whilst fasting.
It is also not permitted to smoke cigarettes or inhale its smoke.
- Brushing the teeth without tooth paste or powder e.g. using a Miswaak, etc.A dream which makes Ghusl wajib (necessary) does NOT break the fast.